In this article I would like to give some hints on how to attend this fair, whether you are a visitor, buyer or exhibitor.
Why Bangkok Gems & Jewelry Fair?
It is because is among the big gem and jewelry fair in the world. My desire is for the Tanzanians who are intending to sell gems at this fair to be well prepared. This fair holds twice annually, in February and in September. I will share some vital information which will help you getting to Thailand where this is taking place.
1. Passport - It has to be an international passport, valid at least 6 months ahead with space or pages to stick a visa.
2. Visa - This is a permit to enter Thailand and is obtained at the Royal Thai Embassy which is in Nairobi Kenya. It is a one week process and you are to choose whether to get a single entry visa, or a double entry visa or a multiple entry visa in order to enter Thailand.
3. Vaccination Card - This is for health approval at the airport is obtainable at the government hospitals (district or regional). Get it before early to avoid inconvenience at the airport.
4. Air Ticket - This is means of transportation to take you to Thailand, there are many airline companies you make a choice. Such as Ethiopian, Emirates, Kenya Airways Qatar. Note here do not purchase a ticket before getting a visa, rather make a booking first.
Business Visa Requirements from the Royal Thai Embassy in Nairobi Kenya
In order to get Thai Visa you must comply the details below, failure to do so you may send your passport by DHL to Nairobi and missing the Visa which can lead to more cost to send missing documents.
1. Company Details
These are details that identify your business which includes; company registration certificate ( from the ministry of energy and natural resources), company license certificate, Tax Identification Number (TIN) certificate from the Revenue Authority.
2. Application Fee
This is the money you pay for the visa you desire it is about US$100 or less depending on the kind of visa you will require, whether single entry, double entry or multiple entry. For current information about application fee please contact Thai Embassy in Nairobi
3. Passport size pictures
You need two colored passport size pictures.
4. Hotel Booking Details
This is the accommodation details when you get to Thailand, you can check on websites to know and make a reservation/booking. Take the hotel particular details.
5. Company or Personal Bank Statement
Some people afraid when they hear or see word “bank statement”. This can be obtained from your bank branch where you have an account like CRDB, NMB, Mkombozi. It is for your financial status i.e. if you are going you need at least TShs 5,000,000/ or US$ 2,500/ for two weeks. Make sure your bank statement shows around TShs 5,000,000/ or US$ 2,500, but if it shows below around TShs 1,000,000/ or US$ 500 you can miss the visa
6. Your Passport
Your original passport will be required for visa which will be attached with your documents. Please note your passport will be sent to the embassy in Nairobi Kenya but you will have to pay DHL for your passport to be transported back to Tanzania from Kenya. Both going and return export passport charges you have to pay.
7. Visa Application Form
This is to have your details as well as the details of your intention to visit Thailand and the kind of visa required.
8. Ticket Booking
This will show the flight details such as the airline. Please let me remind you again, do not buy an airline ticket before you get a visa. Get a visa first then go for the ticket.